Friday 9 December 2011

Winter Baked Bananas


Christmas in a bowl
Everytime I look back at this picture I smile because I still remember tasting the beautiful juices coming through that cream.  This was such a good simple, satisfying dessert.  I used walnuts and dates to give it texture and little added sweetness. I also used honey and lemon juice.  It was sooooo yummy.  It was like my kinda Chirstmas in a bowl. Next time I might add some rum and vanilla ice cream, or vanilla cream.

Ingredients:


Bananas, Lemon Juice, Dates, Honey, Water, Walnuts.

Method:

1. Place bananas in an ovenproof dish.
2. Add lemon juice and toss well.
3. Sprinkle dates over the top.
4. Belnd honey and water over bananas.
5. Top and mix with walnuts.
6. Bake for 20mins gas mark 4.
7. Serve hot with cream or ice cream drink some rum :)

Just writing this is making me crave it again.  Just missing Barbados more :(

No comments:

Post a Comment