Saturday 10 December 2011

Chicken Chow Mein Parcels





 Something New

This dish interested me because I have never tried a Chinese inspired dish. The chow mein sauce did not taste quite right but it was still nice.  It was so filling and sweet.  I loved the idea of using vegetable stock to coat the dish whilst it bakes in the oven.  This was the first time I had cooked with red onion as well, I was nervous about putting everything raw in the oven without cooking it first but with a little faith I followed the recipe step by step and the result was delightful.  It's nice to try different things.


I found this dish in a Sainsbury's idea's leaflet.  This is what it says but my method was completely different for example I added more herbs and spices and pured extra chow mein sauce over chicken and save some for another recipe.

Ingredients:

Cooked Egg Noodles, Chicken Breasts, Carrot, Red Onion, Chow Mein Stif Fry Sauce, 6tbsp Chicken or Veg stock,

Method:

1. 2 large squares of foil and place 150g in noodles in the centre of each.
3. Place the chicken breasts on and score diagonally.
4. Scatter chopped onion and carrots over chicken.
5.Pull up the sides of foil to make parcel and add stir fry satchet and 3 tablespoons of stock to each of the parcels.
6. Place on a baking tray with a little gap in parcel and leave for 20mins Gas mark 6.

My Changes

1) I cooked my chicken for 30 - 40mins.

2) I added vegetable stock after 10mins of cooking not before.

3) I added some more stir fry sauce before sealing up the parcels.

4) Rather the sealing up my chicken entirely I left a little gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment