Sunday 11 December 2011

Savoury Rice Cake




 Healthy Leftovers

I can go along time without eating meat and I because my birthday and Christmas is coming up which means lots of cake and popcorn etc I wanted to be extra healthy and enjoy as much fresh food as possible.  I found this awsome savoury rice cake recipe in which I was able to use up all of my leftover ingredients. :)

Why not

I had never eaten raice and yogurt before and I was worried about addidng the two ingredients together, but after all it's always good to be adventurous. 

Ingredients:

I altered the ingredients according to my taste.  For example you are meant to use 4 eggs and an english onion.

1 Red Onion, 1 tablespoon Garlic, little Olive Oil, Yellow and Red Pepper, 3 Eggs, Salt and Pepper, Brown Basmati Rice, 7 table spoons Natural Yogurt, 60g Mild Cheddar Cheese.


Method:

This dish was taken from a Vegetarian Cooking Cook Book :)

The leftover rice I had was also flavoured with left over pasta sauce roughly 5 minutes before the rice was cooked.

1.Fry the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft.
2. Add peppers and fry gently for 4 -5 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
4. Add the cooked rice to the peppers and onion followed by the eggs.
5. Cook over a moderate heat stirring from time to time until  the eggs are cookedunder a mixture.
6. I then transferred this from the wok to an oven dish because I didn't want to put my wok in the oven to grill it.
7. Spoon the yogurt on top of the part set egg then sprinkle the cheese over the top.
8. Put under a moderate grill and cook until the dish is puffed and golden.
7. Served immediately. Also as it is already in the dish you can chill it in the fridge to save your leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment