Friday 9 December 2011

Trout with Onion & Avocado Salad


Fresh Salad and New Dishes

I wanted to use up the left over sping onion I had from the chicken to use in a salad and I came across one which combined it with avocado and french dressing.  I could eat avocado all day it is one of my favourite healthy options.  The fish was just seasoned well and baked.  It's a light simple dish that gives you plenty of brain power.  When I finished preparing this dish I had a whole bunch of spring onion left as I got such a great deal at the market.  My mother gave me this great tip to put spring onion on my cheese on toast.  It tastes fantastic.  My Aunty and Grandmother once told me you never have to waste any food. I rarely do to this day.

Ingredients:

Avocado, Lemon Juice, Lettuce, Spring Onions, Red Pepper, Peanuts, French Dressing.

Method:

1. Peel and slice the avocado.
2. Plave in serving bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
3.  Add the lettuce, red pepper, peanuts and french dressing.
4. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Chill Before serving.

The salad can also be made warm if you rather have cooked red pepper rather than raw.

Serve this meal with seasoned baked fish to keep it light.

No comments:

Post a Comment