Friday 9 December 2011

Roasted Vegetable Houmous Wrap



Hard at work

When I made this dish it was near the end of term and I new I had to be well prepared with food so I did not end up getting late night study takeaways.  So what I would do is chop my vegetables in the morning ready for my houmous wrap and then cook tomato flavoured wholemeal rice at the same time.  The preparation ensure that I could have a quick light dish inbetween breaks to get back to the library and preparing my rice meant that I got to have a lovely dinner and it was something to look forward to.  I love mexican food and this put a smile on my face at my  most stressed moments.

Busy Lifestyle

If you are a busy person prepping your food int he morning saves you loads of time and hassel. If I want to prepare rice in advance my trick is to cook it while I'm in the shower and/or getting ready for Uni.  Also planning your meals doesn't leave you worrying about what to eat causing you to buy the cheapest and quickest thing possible.  It also gives you something to look forward to.  

Ingredients:

I got this recipe on the back of a reduced fat houmous fat from Sainsbury's :)

Tortilla Wraps, 1 small Red Onion, Red Pepper, Courgette, Reduced Fat Houmous, Carrot, Tomatoes, Coriander (something I added), Salt, Pepper.

Method:

1. Put onion and pepper on a non stick baking sheet.
2. Drizzle onion and pepper with oil, then season with salt, pepper and coriander.
3. Roast at gas mark 6 for 20mins.
4. Add cougettes at 15mins and other ingredients which do not take long to roast like tomatoes and carrot.
4. Spread wraps with houmous and add roasted ingredients.

You can also add spinach!

No comments:

Post a Comment