Sunday 11 December 2011

Birthday Banana Rum Pancakes

MMMMMMMMMMM

I had an urge to make this a week beforehead as part of my birthday celebrations.  As I was making them I was listening to soca and dancing around my kitchen.  My mum first made me banana pancakes, which did not include butter or eggs.  I decided I would blend her recipe and the classic standard sweet batter.


Ingredients:

2 bananas, 150g wholemeal flour, 2 teaspoons of baking flour, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 250 ml skimmed milk, Pinch of Salt, 2 teaspoons of caster sugar (I put in a whole lot more), 1 egg, 25g Melted Butter

Method:

1. Sift dry ingredients into bowl and make a well in the center.
2. Add the beaten egg to the well.
3. Add 1/2 liquid ingrdients Milk to the well.
4. Gradually mix batter to make smooth thick batter.
5. Add other 1/2 of liquid and melted butter. Stir
6. Add Rum Flavouring and pureed or mashed bananas.
7. Mix
8. Blend to make smooth as possible.
9. Grease pan lightly and heat.
10. Pour in batter to cover pan, try and make them thin.
11. When edges crispy flip.
12. Serve when golden brown and should also have lacy golden brown pattern.

Use Music
Try playing music when your cooking as well it's so much fun.  Just don't lose concentration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment