Friday 9 December 2011

New Chicken Parmesan



Cheesy Chicken

Succulent chicken breasts, mozzarella and tomato.  This was a good filling meal, I had never tried anything like it before but it turned out okay.  It was tricky getting presentation to look good but the taste made up for it.  The best thing about this dish is the garlic oil I made with you marinate the chicken and the tomatoes into.  I was told the chicken would taste good wrapped in bacon, and that this is actually called 'Chicken Parma Ham' in some restaurants.  So I rubbed in some passata as well as marinate the chicken in the garlic oil and after cutting it into bitesize pieces I wrapped it up into bacon like parcels.  Next time I might cover the whole chicken in bacon just to see if it's a hit.  I only eat white meat, and have tasted red meat on a few occasions.  I don't think I will convert any time soon but I would still like to learn how to cook it.  Well some dishes anyway.

Ingredients:

Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt, Tomatoes, Chicken Breast, Parmesan, Mozzarella.

Method:

1. Mix oil, garlic and salt into a large bowl.
2.Chop tomatoes and put into a medium bowl.
3. Mix a roughly two table spoonsof garlic oil into tomatoes and add coriander.
4. Coat Chicken in garlic oil in large bowl.
5. Place tomatoes in oven dish.
6. Put the chicken on top
7. Sprinkle parmesan over chicken.
8. Bake until Chicken is cooked.
9. Arrange mozarella on the chicken and roast this for 2 mins or until the cheese melts.
10. Once plated sprinkle extra parmesan over the chicken and tomatoes.

Tip

I would slice the chicken breasts in half because unless you are going to marinate the chicken for a long time, the flavour may not run the whole way through the chicken.  Basically the dish could get boring so do what you can to make sure it is full of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment