Friday 9 December 2011

Banana Bread & Pineapple Bread







 Memories

In the run up to my birthday I wanted to make dishes that reminded my ofmy life in St James Barbados.  When I was cooking the bread the kitchen started to smell like my late grandmother's and this is always a good sign.  My grandma was a wonderful chef/ baker so I hope she would have been proud of me.

Pineapple Bread?

I felt like being creative and the idea came to me when I saw some fresh pineapple juice and just felt like using it in something.

Preparing Snacks


When cut up in slices the bread is a great snacking food, and good to sneak in the library. :) Cheese on Bread is a classic snack for the poor man, we even have a saying about it in Barbados. "Cheese on Bread!" Meaning hard and humble times :)

Ingredients:


Bananas or Pineapple Juice, Wholemeal Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Veg/ Corn Oil, Eggs, Melted Butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla (I used rum flavouring!!!!!)

Method:

1. Grease pan with butter and dust lightly with flour.
2. Whisk flour, sugar, salt and baking soda together.
3. Mix in a separate bowl bananas, oil, eggs, butter and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix slowly.
5. Pour dough into prepared pan.
6. Bake the bread for 55minutes or until toothpick/ knife/ utensil comes out clean.  It is best to check after 45mins.
7. Bake @ 350 Degrees
8. You can eat it hot or cold.  It can also be a dessert if you make it sweet enough.

The bread should be moist and it tastes really good when it has a cake texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment