Friday 9 December 2011

Raspberry Tobletart


Creative with chocolate

My neighbours went to Belgium and gave me a huge chunk of a toblerone which they brought.  There was no way I could finish that much chocolate, and it was pretty difficult to eat as a standard bar.  So I decided to melt it down and turn it into a tart with a little help from James Martin.  I do not like a great deal of dark chocolate so I just decided to use only toblerone for the filling rather than a mixture of sweet items.

Decoration

After all the cooking shows I watch I thought it would be nice to make the plate look a little presentable.  Plus it was a dinner party so I wanted to impress.  My cousin Barbados told me you should always watch your presentation I never really cared until this year.

Ingredient:

Sweet Shortcrust Pastry, Toblerone, Castor Sugar, Single Cream, Eggs, Raspberrys

Method:

1. Grease tartlet pans.
2. Roll out pastry dough and line tins.  Do not trim dough.
3. Prick the bases and bake for 15- 20mins
4. Allow to cool in the tins.
5. Melt chocolate in bowl (heatproof) over simmering water
6. Allow to cool slightly then pour into a mixing bowl.
7. Whisk in the eggs and sugar into it then gently fold in cream with metal spoon.
8. Pour into cases then bake for 15mins
9. Let them cool for a little while.

Then serve it with whatever you like, I like the idea of using fruit to keep it fresh.  Especially if you use dark chocolate you don't want it to be too heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment