Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sweet Sweet Tomato Tuna Sauce



Best Sauce Ever

This is the best sauce I have ever made!  I just added a few extra ingredients to my usual pasta sauce and I was really impressed by how much better it tasted.  Adding just a little sugar to tinned tomatoes can release an added sweetness. I also added some extra herbs.  I love it when I learn soemthing new. :) Go Saffy!




This recipe was adapted from 'Asda Magazine' April (Publicis Blueprint Ltd, 2012)

Ingredients:

1 red onion (chopped), 1tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic clove (chopped), a 400g can of chopped tomatoes, 3tbsps tomato puree, 2tsps sugar, a handful of chopped basil leaves, a handful of fresh parsley, 1tsp dried oregano, 1 can of drained tuna, 1 can of drained sweetcorn



Method:

1. Heat the oil in the pan, when hot fry the onion gently until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, puree and sugar.
4. Simmer gently for 15 minutes and stir every so often.
5. Add the herbs, tuna and sweetcorn then cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Season to taste.


Saffy's Top Tip

Only add 1 tsp of sugar, that really is all you need to bring out the flavour of the tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment