Friday 27 April 2012

Crunchy Quorn Spag Bowl

"It's all in the mix!"

Making this dish really reminded me of that Twix advert with that song 'It's all in the mix!' and it included different charachters which represented each aspect of the chocolate bar.  I say this because although each component of  my quorn dish is pretty simple, the combo of flavours tasted pretty awsome.  I was surprised by how tasty this dish actually was.  I am definitely getting to grips with this flavouring ting and ting.  I hope I can keep improving my skills.  When I made this I was really tempted to just buy chinese noodles from a local takeaway, but I'm glad I chose to try something new and experiment.  The hard work is starting to pay off. :)





I do not really have measurements so this is kinda just based on how much you feel like eating.  I made enough for 3 meals.

Ingredients:

1 can tinned plum tomatoes, frozen quorn mince, frozen green beans, wholewheat spaghetti, 1/2tbsp basil, 1/2 tbsp oregano, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, 2tsps lemon juice, 1tsp brown sugar, 1tsp parsley, 2tsps all purpose seasoning, a few leaves of fresh coriander.

Method:

1.  Blend the tomatoes in a blender.
2. Start boiling the water for the spaghetti.
3.  When the spaghetti is in the pot, pour the tomato puree into another pot.
4. Add enough mince so the tomatoes cover it.
3. Turn on the stove to a low heat.
4. After roughly 6 -7 minutes add the green beans and other ingredients apart from the parsley.
5. Keep cooking until the mince meat and green beans are soft.
6.  Drain the pasta when it is cooked and serve with the quorn mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment