Thursday 26 April 2012

Strawberry, Apple & Banana Power Smoothie

"Power Up!"

When I was a little girl I used to watch so many superhero cartoons like Batman and superhero tv shows like Power Rangers.  So much so that I wanted to feel super every single day.  I would sometimes wake up at 5am every morning to workout.  I was one superfit kid and I have never stopped that determination and ambitious attitude.  Wonderful fresh food also helps me to feel great and after my mum taught me how to make smoothies I have been re inventing them to make Power Ranger style drinks that will certainly give me the much needed boost to feel... well... super!


Ingredients:
1 small banana, 5  strawberries, 1/2 apple (peeled and sliced), 2tbsps flaxseed, 3 big dollops of plain low fat natural yoghurt.

Method:

1.  Put the apple pieces in a pot and put in enough water to just cover the apples.
2. Let the water simmer until the apples are soft.
3. Drain the apple pieces and put into a blender.
4. Chop up all the other pieces of fruit and put into the blender with the flaxseed and yoghurt.
5. Blend.


No comments:

Post a Comment