Wednesday 4 January 2012

Spiced Coleslaw

All the trimmings

It had been a long time since I made my partner one of my best dishes and it was the first time my mother tried my special lasagne.  I wanted to add a special touch to the dish and decided to make a spiced coleslaw from scratch.  As my special lasagne is quite heavy full of italian flavours I wanted to make a fresh light side with a sweet and spicy kick.



 Coleslaw Converter

I am not a fan of the coleslaw in the shops infact I used to really dislike coleslaw, but this recipe is sure to convert anyone.  The best thing about this coleslaw is the sweetness and heat fused with the fresh vegetables.  Coleslaw has never tasted so good.




Ingredients:

450g White Cabbage, 1 Large Onion (peeled and grated), 2 Apples (peeled and grated), 2 handfuls of broken Walnuts, 75g of Mixed Dried Fruits, 3 tablespoons of Curry Powder, 4 tablespoons of Mayonnaise, chopped fresh Parsley to garnish

Method:

This recipe was adapted from 'The Vegetarian Cookbook' by Carol Bowen

1. Core and finely shred the cabbage into a large bowl.
2. Add the onion, apple, walnuts and fruit.  Blend the ingredients well.
3. Add the curry powder then the mayonnaise and toss to coat the vegetables.
4. Serve chilled and sprinkle with the parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment