Tuesday 10 January 2012

Rocket Pesto Filled Mushrooms with Camembert


My Own

I made my very own pesto for the first time ever! Go Saffy Go! It didn't taste like the stuff in the jar because it was rocket based, but I changed the recipe as usual and added some spinach.  It tasted superb with the mushrooms and the tomato, homemade breadcrumbs and melted camembert was just delicious.  I also made my own breadcrumbs! It was really exciting, I am not usually a fan of the food processor but I have to admit this was kinda cool :)

Ingredients:

2 garlic cloves (crushed)
25grams of fresh rocket and 10 grams of spinach (change this if you like, to be honest I just did it by handfuls)
5 tbsps olive oil (I just poured in what i felt was needed)
65 grams of white breadcrumbs
4 large mushrooms
Camembert
Salad to Serve

Method:

1. Put the garlic, rocket, spinach and oil in food processor and whizz to give a thick green oil.
2. Mush it up some more if it's not pasty enough for you.
3. Add 50g of breadcrumbs, seasoning and mix this well. Put it aside.
4. Preheat oven to Gas 6
5. Cut tomato into slices and place on top of mushrooms
6. Divide rocket mixture between each
7. Lay a few pieces of camembert across the mushrooms then transfer onto a baking tray. ( I just did it all on a baking tray, it's less likely then to fall to pieces.)
8. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until breadcrumbs are light and golden and cheese has melted.
9. Serve with salad (and crusty bread if you are really hungry).

Saffy's Daffy's Tips

1. I served my mushrooms with a chutney, this gave it an added sweetness.
2. You don't need to put on so much camembert because it is a strong cheese.
3. I served mine with delicious fresh rocket.
4. I cut out a little of the mushrooms so I could fill them, the rest of the mushroom could be used in my chilli recipe, stir fry or any other dish which could use some extra veg.
5. I used pumpkinseed bread to make my breadcrumbs, I do not eat white bread so this is a great alternative.

Mum's Tips

Mum always gives me tips after I cook, she enjoyed it a lot but gave me a few points for next time to improve the recipe.
1. I need to cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes with the rocket mix and breadcrumbs before I ad the cheese for 15- 20mins
2. I could remove an extra layer of skin from the mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment