Thursday 14 June 2012

Gourmet Turkey Burgers

GBK Here I come!

I love the burger restaurant GBK! I have always wanted to make my own gourmet burger from scratch and I finally did even the wholemeal bun. I felt a huge sense of achievement when I finished it.  The seasoning is just right and the best thing about making your own burger is you can stck it up as high as you like and be creative with the toppings.




Ingredients:

Breadcrumbs made from 1 slice of soya and linseed bread with the crusts removed, 4 big white mushrooms (washed and chopped), oil for frying burgers, 1 medium red onion (chopped), 3 small cloves of garlic (washed and chopped), 350g lean turkey mince meat, tbsps lemon juice, 1 large egg (lightly beaten), 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/2 tbsp black pepper, 1tbsp maggie liquid seasoning, 3 radishes (peeled and chopped).
To Serve: beef tomatoes, lettuce, freshly made wholemeal buns, tomato chutney, cheese, low fat mayonnaise.



Method:

1. Apart from the oil put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and get ready to get your hands messy.
2. Form the turkey meat mix into burger patties ready to fry.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and start frying the burgers.
4. Fry the burgers until the turkey meat is cooked all the way through.
5. Serve with the other ingredients and create your burger.




No comments:

Post a Comment