Monday 4 June 2012

Banana Cinnamon Pancakes



Good Morning World!

My favourite meal of the day is breakfast.  I wanted to practise pancake making so I made some delicious banana cinnamon style pancakes.  Served with a dollop of ice cream, banana and maple syrup these are just gorgeous.  As usual I had to create another healthier option with plain yoghurt and a plain pancake, but I was given enough pleasure in knowing that these went down a treat.  I remember my pancakes used to be disasters, but now I'm flipping my batter like a pro :)



Simple Plain Pancakes

Ingredients:

125g plain flour, pinch of salt, 250ml skimmed milk, 1tbsp melted butter, sunflower oil for frying.

Method:

1. Sift flour into a large bowl.
2. Mix in the pinch of salt.
3. Make a well in the centre and put an egg in it.
4. Also pour a third of the milk into the centre and the melted butter.
5. Combine everything with a wooden spoon or whisk.
6. Add the rest of the milk.
7. Put the mix into a jug or straight into the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Heat a little oil in the frying pan.
9. Pour in a little batter, flip until the bottom side is golden.
10. The pancake will be done when the other side is golden too.
11. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.  (The more you practise the better you will get.)



Banana Cinnamon Pancakes

Ingredients:

Simple pancake mix (without the salt), 1tsp baking powder, 1tsp ground cinnamon, 6tsp caster sugar, 2 mashed up medium bananas, oil for frying.

Method:

1. Add baking powder, cinnamon and sugar to the simple pancake mix.
2. After leaving it in the fridge for 30 minutes add the banana.
3. Repeat the same pancake making process and serve with your choice of condiments. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment