Sunday 6 May 2012

Protein Prune Porridge

A spoonful of sugar

I really try not to eat dried fruit, but I realise how important prunes are to my diet.  Adding prunes to porridge means that I do not need to add sugar because the prunes are already so sweet.  It actually tasted pretty good and the morning after I made it I woke up excited knowing that I could have it after my morning bike ride.



Ingredients:

A handful of prunes which have been soaked in water few hours, 2tbsps flaxseed, as much porridge as you like, enough hot water to cover the prridge (or you can use milk)

Method:

1. Put as much porridge as you like in a bowl.
2. Rip up or cut the prunes and mix in the bowl with the porridge and flaxseed.
3. Pour over the milk or water and mix all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment