Wednesday 23 May 2012

Fiery Pasta Bake

1st Pasta Bake

I thought I would make a pasta bake to help out a fellow final year by making sure they got some extra study time.  I have always avoided making this because I just felt it was boring dish.  I decided I would give it a try and realised I should never have dissed this student classic.  Once I put my own twist on it I felt it was a dish I could be proud of.  Anything can be tasty once you spice it up, unless of course it really is unedible.


Ingredients:

4tbsps fiery tomato ketchup (diluted with a little water), pasta shapes (enough to fill a pasta dish halfway), 1 can of chopped tomatoes, 300g grated mozarella and cheddar, 2tbsp mixed herbs, 1tbsp rosemary, 1tbsp oregano, 1 onion (chopped), 1 medium courgette (chopped), 1 garlic clove (chopped), 1tsp sugar, 1tbsp basil, a few shakes of paprika, 1tsp red chilli flakes a little oil.

Method:

1. Cook the pasta.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until the onions become soft.
3. Add the chopped courgette.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, herbs and spices, diluted ketchup and sugar.
5. Stir and cook for 7 minutes.
6. When the pasta has cooked drain and put into the baking dish.
7. Stir in enough tomato sauce to cover the pasta.
8. Mix in 200g of cheese.
9. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment