Saturday 4 February 2012

Reggae Reggae Beans on Toast

Simple Comfort Treats

Beans on toast reminds me of lazy days so I decided that for lunch on a day full of work I would make some beans on toast with a sweet twist.  Accompanied with some good bread and butter this simple lunch put me in good spirits for a 5 hour study session.



This recipe was adapted from 'Levi Root's Reggae Reggae Cookbook' (Collins, 2008)

Ingredients:

Reggae Reggae Sauce, 1/2 can baked beans, 2 slices of toast, enough margerine to cover toast.

Method:

1. Heat up beans in a saucepan.
2. As the beans are heating up put toast in toaster.
3. Add some Reggae Sauce to the beans to taste.
4. When the toast is done butter it slice it and when the beans pour over toast.
5. Eat when nice and hot.


Saffy's Top Tip

To keep it healthy I used weight watcher's baked beans, soya and linseed bread and olive oil margerine.

No comments:

Post a Comment