Monday 6 February 2012

Fried Tomato, Bacon and Cheese Sandwich

American Diner

My first experience of going to an American diner was quite intimidating.  The portions were monstrous, I tried some of the dishes like 'Egg's Benedict' for the first time and a fried breakfast but I failed to conquer.  I am not a fun of oily, sweaty and buttery food but though one bite is enough I understand why so many people love the American fry up.  I had planned to go to lunch to an American Style Diner with my hubby but unfortunately the snow stopped our efforts, so I made him this awsome fried sandwich for lunch. 


Ingredients:

2 slices of soft white bread, 2 slices of bacon, 2 handfuls of grated cheddar cheese, a handful of rocket, 2 small tomatoes chopped into slices, butter or margarine, tsp black pepper, 1 tbsp mayonnaise.

Method:

1. Grill the bacon to your satisfaction.
2. Butter the slices of bread on just one side each.
3. Lightly oil a frying pan with sunflower oil or butter and heat.
4. Put the bread (butter side up) on the frying pan when hot and layer with half of the cheese, bacon, tomatoes, rocket, black pepper and then more cheese and then the other slice of bread with the buttered side facing upwards.
5. After 2 -3 minutes or until the bread has a golden brown colour and cheese begins to melt, flip the sadwich and fry other side.
6. When both sides are golden and cheese has melted, serve on a plate and add some mayonnaise and other relishes for your satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment