Thursday 2 February 2012

Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies

Because I Felt Like It

I decided I was going to make some peanut butter cookies that I saw in my fitnessmagazine newsletter.  I missed eating peanut butter on toast with mum, so I thought why not make some low fat peanut butter cookies.  I also tried out this cross hatch design which was done simply with a fork. You can see that they suck together in the oven due to spacing issues but hey they are my cookies and sometimes it's fun to make things different shapes and sizes. The thickness of each cookie should be the same but apart from that make each cookie as big or small as you like :).


This recipe was adapted from fitnessmagazine.com

Ingredients:

125g all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 uncooked oats, 1/2 tsp salt, 85g peanut butter, 5 tbsp unsalted butter, 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla flavouring, 70g sugar, 1 large egg, 2tbsp water.
(The recipe actually sayus 2/3 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of brown sugar.  Personally I think this is way too much sugar, my cookies were sweet enough so I did it my way.  How much of a sugar fix do you really need? Do it my way and have a cup of tea with it instead. )

Method:

1. Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl blend peanut butter, butter, vanilla with an electric mixer.
3. Add the flour combination, sugar and beaten egg. Whisk or mix after putting each of the ingredients in.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
5. Roll the dough and arrange your way onto baking sheets.
6. Flatten the dough balls and make a cross hatch design with a fork.
7. Bake for 20 minutes then cool for 5 minutes on a rack.



Saffy's Top Tips

1. As stated earlier you do not need to ad a great deal of sugar.
2. Add more oats for extra oaty goodness :)
3. CHeck the coookies after 15 minutes because they cook very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment