Friday 10 February 2012

Reggae Cheese on Toast



Cheese On Bread

Everyone knows that my number one saying is 'Cheese on Bread', which to me means hard times and humble beginnings (something along those lines).  Cheese on bread is the ultimate poor man's snack, but I am always looking for ways to jazz up classic easy nostalgic  food.  Levi Root's shared this cool idea to add mayonnaise and sauce onto cheese on toast. I'm not really a fan of too much sauce so I only added a little bit then what was recommended, nonetheless it was really nice.

This recipe was adapted from 'Levi Root's Reggae Reggae Cookbook' (Collins, 2008)

Ingredients:

2 slices of wholemeal bread (I use soya and linseed which is great for my diet), reggae reggae sauce, any cheddar cheese you like and chili mayonnaise ( I wanted an extra kick).

Method:
1. Grill bread on just one side.
2. When the first side is done spread the other side with reggae sauce, then mayo then cheese to taste.
2. The grill cheesy side.
4. Eat with a salad or as it is with some refreshing fruit juice.

Saffy's Top Tip

You can use the ingredients as a filling to make a toastie with tomatoes and chicken or bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment