Thursday 2 February 2012

Lemon Posset

Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy

I never knew desserts could be so easy, apart from my usual desserts of fruit and yoghurt of course.  I actually quartered the recipe because the standard amount of ingredients is way too much sugar and cream for my liking.  This is a nice treat and citrus fruits are great for keeping healthy and this is a good dessert to share.  I added strawberries because I wanted extra fruit and don't think I would have been able to eat just the lemon mixture.  



Ingredients:

 300ml double cream, 75g castor sugar, 2 lemons, strawberries!

Method:

1. Remove zest from 1 lemon and the juice of both.  (You really do not need to include the zest if you don't want your posset that bitter, however i have been informed this is the traditional way.)
2.  Put the zest and juice in a saucepan with cream and sugar.
3. Heat gently stirring ocassionally and gently boiling.
4. Let it simmer and stir for roughly 3 mins.
5. Put strawberries on the bottom, sliced and placed.
6. Pour into glasses then chill them until they are set.
7. After a few hours when they have set put some more berries on top.


Saffy's Top Tip

Be adventurous with the fruit try some fruit you have never had before like guava or peach and pomegranate seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment