Thursday 29 March 2012

Tofu Szechuan Stir Fry

New Chinese Sauce

I felt like being adventurous and I had a craving for tofu and kidney beans, so on my shopping trip I found some random ingredients that I thought would work in a stir fry.  I was browsing through the sauces and spotted one I had never seen before.  The Szechuan Chinese stir fry sauce,  I had no idea what is used for or how it smelt but I felt like taking a risk.  It payed off, my stir fry tasted great.  Full of flavour, cheap and easy. 



Ingredients:

1/2 pack of tofu, 1 small pack of Szechuan stir fry sauce, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 small can of sweetcorn, 1 small green chilli and 1 small red chilli (both chopped and deseeded), 1 small courgette (chopped), a little sunflower oil for frying, 4 plain olives or chilli green olives (stoned) and brown rice to serve.



Method:

1. Heat a little oil in a wok.
2. Drain tofu, and when oil is hot fry for 3 minutes pressing down on it.
3.  Add kidney beans and  chillies.
4.  After roughly 3 minutes add the sweetcorn, chopped courgette, olives and sauce.
5. Fry until everything is cooked through.
6. Serve with brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment