Thursday 29 March 2012

Aloe Banana Raisin Breakfast Bars


Health Booster


I am always looking for innovative and fun ways to pack my diet full of nutritional goodness.  My strict dieting can sometimes mean that I am low on energy and brain foods.  I have always been an excellent flapjack maker so I new I could be creative to make  a healthy twist on a comfort classic.  There are two versions for those of you who can't find my super special ingredient which I purchased from a special health market.  I stumbled upon it during a walk and was so lucky as it was only on for a day.



Recipe 1 - Ingredients:

40ml of aloe vera sap, 160g dried oats, a handful of raisins, 2 bananas (blended), 1 spoonful of runny honey, 4 tbsps flaxseed.

Recipe 2 - Ingredients:

160g dried oats, a handful of raisins, 2 bananas (blended), 1 spoonful of honey, 100g butter, 4 tbsps flaxseed.

Method:

1. If using the first recipe mix all of the ingredients together and put into a small baking tin which has been greased with a little butter and sprinkled with a little wholemeal flour to stop the bars from sticking.

2. If using the second recipe melt the honey and butter in a pan then mix with the rest of the ingredients.

3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

4. When done wait until the mixture is cool before cutting it into slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment