Saturday 31 March 2012

Lemon Spinach with a Poached Egg


Good Morning

There is nothing like a good breakfast on the weekend.  A good breakfast puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day and definitely helps during the dissertation final stages. My mum taught me how to make a poached egg and reminded me that "practise makes perfect", so I am glad that I have learnt another technique.

This recipe was adapted from Morrisons' Magazine (Result Customer Communications, 2011).

Ingredients:

(This recipe can be doubled, I guess I had a small appetite.) 1 egg, 1 slice of wholemeal bread, a little spread, 1 crushed garlic clove, a load of spinach and 1 tbsps lemon juice. (You can save the left over spinach for a snack.)

Method:


1. Start poaching the egg by using a little vinegar in the water, cook in the hot water for at least 3 minutes.
2. Toast the bread.
3. Put the spread in another pan on a medium heat.
4. When the spread melts add the garlic and lemon juice.
5. Stir for 2 minutes then add spinach until it has wilted.
6. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg and drain excess water on paper towel.
7. Place spinach on toast and then place the poached egg on top. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment